Most bloggers use WordPress’ future posts feature to help keep content flowing. However, they don’t provide a way to quickly and easily see when future posts are scheduled. So if you use future posts a lot, you probably also find yourself looking back and forth from your post list to a calendar or recording your future posts on a calendar to avoid having a double post on a single day and then none for three days. On top of that there are the frequent “How many days are in March again” checks.
Well this plugin gets rid of all of that: it adds a simple month-by-month calendar that shows all the months you have future posts for (and the current month no matter what), it highlights the days you have posts for, and as an added bonus if you click a day the Post Timestamp boxes change to that day, month and year.
Or Manual Install:
- Download the zip file
- Unzip and upload future_posts.php to your wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- The new box will automatically appear on edit/write post pages. If you want to change a date to one shown just click the date and then click the “Edit timestamp” box.
The plugin is hosted in the WordPress Extend database so you can also manually install from your wordpress admin panel
- Go to “Add New” under Plugins
- Search for “Future Posts Calendar Plugin”
- Click install now, confirm and follow any other instructions you are given.
Future Posts Calendar Plugin — Works in WordPress Version 2.7+ only
(If you use an older version of WordPress, go ahead and grab an older version of Future Posts Calendar Plugin for WordPress Version 2.0 – 2.7 only)