If you write a lot outside of WordPress or write posts with a lot of code, you’ve probably been driven batty by not being able to use the [tab] key in posts to indent your paragraphs or code. Now you can. This simple plugin allows you to use the tab-key inside the post editor to indent code or paragraphs.
This plugin should work with all versions of WordPress, but has not been tested in versions earlier than 2.9
- Allows for both multi-line and single line indenting
- Works in all major browsers.
- Toggle-able on each post. Enable or disable tabs automatically without reloading the page.
- Only works in the HTML editor
- Download the zip file, unzip it and upload to your wp-content/plugins folder
- Upload to your plugin directory.
The plugin is hosted in the WordPress Extend database so you can also manually install from your wordpress admin panel
- Go to “Add New” under Plugins
- Search for “Tabs in Editor”
- Click install now, confirm and follow any other instructions you are given.